Intern- Product Management - Summer 2023
Innovative Systems is seeking exceptional Computer Science or related technical majors who are creative and passionate about software design and development. You will be given the opportunity to push the limits of your technical knowledge and analytic abilities as you work on challenging real-world problems within our Product Management team.
Innovative offers a fast-paced environment that feels like a start-up, but whose business and technology is built on a solid foundation of quality and success! You will learn and be mentored by some of the best and brightest in the field!
At Innovative, we look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! If you are passionate about your career, have a thirst for challenge, and thrive on developing innovative solutions – this may be the place for you!
This is a highly competitive, paid Internship/Co-op position based at our world headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. The term will be for Summer 2023 (May – August).
About the role:
The Product Management Intern will own his or her own projects while being supported by the Product Manager. This candidate will utilize technical, organizational and communication skills to assist in development projects related to improving efficiencies within the Product Management team. You will be able to make an immediate impact by assisting in the creation of software that will automate data collection and analysis driving better data-driven decisions for the Product Management team.
Our ideal candidates will be currently learning and gaining fundamental understanding of computer science or software development. They will enjoy using their analytical skills to break down large amounts of data and consolidate it into understandable elements. Additionally, they will be motivated to produce deliverables or relay the status of deliverables in an accurate and timely manner through the use of their excellent organizational and communication skills.
What you will be doing:
Based on the level of your skills, knowledge, and prior experience you may:
- Create software applications to improve efficiencies within the Product Management team by utilizing object oriented programming languages and Excel.
- Utilize project management skills to complete and communicate status of projects.
- Research new technologies, development tools, or technical problems
- Work independently and collaboratively to implement assigned projects
- Assist on various projects that come up and perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications you must have:
- Minimum of 2 years of undergraduate work completed by the start of the Internship/Co-op
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related STEM field.
- Project Management mindset
- Software Development (any Object-Oriented programming language)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Highly motivated with a focus on quality
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively alone or collaboratively
Innovative Systems, Inc, is one of the fastest growing global leaders in the development and delivery of software data quality, master data management, and risk/compliance solutions and services. A rare Pittsburgh gem - Innovative is one of the few truly global, privately-owned companies in the city that can boast on-going double-digit growth along with an amazing culture! Our pace is fast, our work challenging, and our style highly autonomous and collaborative.
Innovative is a company that takes pride in its people and adding value for its clients around the globe. We look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! Could this be YOU?
Innovative's product offerings include data quality; data discovery and data management products; master data management; global address validation and geocoding solutions; data governance including sanctions and PEP list screening; and specific-purpose business support applications to reduce credit losses, identify better prospects, improve customer service, and better align marketing and business intelligence projects.
Our global headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA; our UK, MENA & APAC offices are in London; LATAM office is in Mexico City, Mexico. Innovative has additional facilities in Germany, Singapore, Canada, and the Cayman Islands, and representatives in the Netherlands, and Norway.
Innovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.