Intern/Co-op-User Experience (UX) Design-Summer 2023
Innovative Systems is seeking exceptional Computer Science, HCI or related technical majors who are creative and passionate about user experience design. You will be given the opportunity to push the limits of your technical knowledge and analytic abilities as you work on challenging real-world problems within our User Experience Design and Software Development teams. These teams develop Innovative’s world-class software products that are used by enterprises around the globe.
Innovative offers a fast-paced environment that feels like a start-up, but whose business and technology is built on a solid foundation of quality and success! You will learn and be mentored by some of the best and brightest in the field!
At Innovative, we look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! If you are passionate about your career, have a thirst for challenge, and thrive on developing innovative solutions – this may be the place for you!
This is a highly competitive, paid Internship/Co-op position based at our world headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. The term is for the Summer of 2023 (May – August).
About the role:
The User Experience Design Intern will assist and learn all phases of the design process - from initial research to high-fidelity prototypes for existing product redesigns and new product offerings.
Our ideal candidate will be currently learning and gaining fundamental understanding of the user design process and be versed in design research methodologies and technologies. They will be a user advocate; someone who is learning to see the product from the experience of the user and then alter their design accordingly. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to speak with users and stakeholders alike. They will be comfortable with receiving feedback and constructive criticism and passionate about creating elegant, user-centered solutions.
What you will be doing…
Based on the level of your skills, knowledge, and prior experience you may:
- Conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and translate them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes & other deliverables that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Research new technologies, development tools, or technical problems
- Work independently and collaboratively to implement assigned projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications you must have:
- Minimum of 2 years of undergraduate work completed by the start of the Internship/Co-op
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major in HCI, Computer Science, Information Systems, Communication Design, or related STEM or Design fields
- Knowledge in and passion for learning human centered design through research, interviews or surveys that can translate to a wonderful user experience
- Highly motivated with a focus on quality
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work effectively alone or collaboratively
It’s a plus if you are learning or have familiarity with:
- UX software such as Figma, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer.
- .NET framework.
- Designing for both desktop and mobile-based platforms.
Innovative Systems, Inc, is one of the fastest growing global leaders in the development and delivery of software data quality, master data management, and risk/compliance solutions and services. A rare Pittsburgh gem - Innovative is one of the few truly global, privately-owned companies in the city that can boast on-going double-digit growth along with an amazing culture! Our pace is fast, our work challenging, and our style highly autonomous and collaborative.
Innovative is a company that takes pride in its people and adding value for its clients around the globe. We look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! Could this be YOU?
Innovative's product offerings include data quality; data discovery and data management products; master data management; global address validation and geocoding solutions; data governance including sanctions and PEP list screening; and specific-purpose business support applications to reduce credit losses, identify better prospects, improve customer service, and better align marketing and business intelligence projects.
Innovative's world headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our regional offices are in London, UK; Mexico City, Mexico; Dubai, UAE, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Innovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.