Technical Support Specialist I - UK
Innovative Systems (Innovative) is looking for a bright, highly motivated individual to join our IT Services team in London. Named a Top Workplace for the last 5 consecutive years, Innovative provides you with the chance to jump start your career in technology with one of the most respected and fastest growing global leaders of software data quality and compliance solutions in the world.
The Technical Support Specialist I is integral to our daily operations success. You are working with Innovative’s internal customers, aiding associates with computer software, hardware or system problems, answering questions and resolving problems via telephone, e-mail or in person. In addition, the Technical Support Specialist I will be hands-on, installing and modifying operating systems and software programs.
You will be...
An exceptional problem solver driven to not only meet, but exceed goals. You possess a customer service mindset along with technical acumen and motivation to build relationships with your fellow colleagues in London and abroad. You will have responsibility to:
- Configure, install and maintain local area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers.
- Upgrade computer operating systems.
- Establish and maintain network user environment, directories, and security.
- Create user accounts, support network users and shares.
- Maintain and control Hardware and Software for MS Office.
- Develop and communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Maintain integrity and professionalism in all dealings with internal teams and prospective clients
- Achieve team objectives
Requirements you need include...
- Previous experience working in a small to medium data center
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of previous experience working within computer technology field
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 and 2016
- Windows 7 and 10
- MS Office 2010, 2013, 365
- MCP, DCSE, A+ Certification Preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong commitment and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented and resourceful, with a strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Proven ability to understand and convey analytic and technical concepts
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- This role will take place in a general office environment and will require the the candidate to be onsite during working hours.
- Willingness to be on call in IT Support rotation (after hours is minimal)
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Along with being named a Top Workplace, for the past 5 consecutive years, Innovative was also named a technology leader and ranked #1 in customer satisfaction on The Information Difference analyst group’s 2019 Data Quality Landscape. With clients in over 60 countries, Innovative has been providing superior enterprise solutions since 1968.
Our products include data quality solutions for data cleansing and matching, data discovery, data management, and global address validation and geocoding; anti-money laundering (AML) compliance solutions, including sanctions and PEP screening; and specific-purpose business support applications to reduce credit losses, identify better prospects, improve customer service, and better align marketing and business intelligence projects.
Innovative's world headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our regional offices are in London, UK; Mexico City, Mexico; Dubai, UAE, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Innovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
This position does not qualify for work visa sponsorship