Intern/Co-op-SUMMER 2023 - Software Engineering
Innovative Systems is seeking exceptional Computer Science or related technical majors who are creative and passionate about software design and development. You will be given the opportunity to push the limits of your technical knowledge and analytic abilities as you work on challenging real-world problems within our Software Development group. This team develops Innovative’s world-class software products that are used by enterprises around the globe.
Voted a Top Workplace for the last 5 consecutive years, Innovative offers an ever changing environment that feels like a start-up, but whose business and technology is built on a solid foundation of quality and success! You will learn and be mentored by some of the best and brightest in the field!
At Innovative, we look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! If you are passionate about your career, have a thirst for challenge, and thrive on developing innovative solutions – this may be the place for you!
This is a highly competitive, paid internship/co-op position for the Summer 2023 (May-August) term, based at our world headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
***Please only apply to this role if you are available for the Summer 2023 (May - August) term.***
***If you are available for both the Spring and Summer 2023 terms, please feel free to apply to both opportunities.***
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Based on the level of your skills, knowledge, and prior experience you may:
- Program applications and /or components - the level of which will be based on your skill, knowledge, and prior experience
- Research new technologies, development tools, or technical problems
- Work independently and collaboratively to implement assigned projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Minimum of 2 years of undergraduate work completed by the start of the Internship/Co-op
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science or related technical major
- Knowledge in and passion for learning software and web development, design, and implementation
- Highly motivated with a focus on quality
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work effectively alone or collaboratively
ADDITIONALLY - it’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with various operating systems
Innovative Systems is one of the world’s most trusted providers of best-of-breed data quality and compliance solutions. We have a long-standing reputation for creating solutions that are fast, accurate, and scalable. A rare Pittsburgh gem - Innovative is one of the few truly global, privately-owned companies in the city that can boast on-going growth along with an amazing culture! Our pace is fast, our work challenging, and our style highly autonomous and collaborative.
FinScan®, one of our most recognized products, is used by our clients in over 60 countries to identify potential money laundering (AML) and terrorist financing threats – helping to keep us all - a bit safer.
Innovative is a company that takes pride in its people and adding value for its clients around the globe. We look for exceptional individuals who see possibilities, not limits! Could this be YOU?
Innovative’s world headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our regional offices are in London, UK; Mexico City, Mexico; Dubai, UAE and São Paulo, Brazil.
Innovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.